How to Apply
- Do not sign the application until instructed to do so.
- You must provide your Social Security number.
- Photo should be 2” x 2” on a white background.
- Photo should not be older than one month.
To obtain a new or first-time passport by mail, you must provide an original or certified copy of one of the following:
- Certified birth certificate (long form, not abstract).
- Consulate report of birth abroad certificate.
- Naturalization Certificate.
The long-form birth certificate must be issued by the city, county, or state you were born in, have the bearer’s full name, include the date and place of birth, and list your parents’ first names. The birth certificate must also have the date filed with the registrar’s office (must be within one year of birth), have the registrar’s signature, and have an embossed, impressed, or multicolored seal of the registrar.
- If you don’t meet the requirements for a new or first-time passport, view Secondary Evidence of US Citizenship.
- To order a certified copy of your birth certificate, order here.
- If you have ever had a US passport and currently don’t have proof of US citizenship, you’ll need to submit a request for a file search form.
For minors 16 years of age or younger:
- A certified birth certificate (long form, not abstract) is required.
- Provide a previous passport (if available).
Please make the check or money order payable to the US Department of State.
- Adult: $170
- Child: $140
If you have a copy of your flight itinerary or ticket, please include it. If you don’t have those items, please give us a call.
Letter of Authorization.
- Check the first two boxes only, leaving the third box blank.
- Please don’t fill out the courier company until you give our team a call.
Only one letter of authorization will need to be included in your package. The second letter of authorization must be sent along with your package after being sealed by an acceptance facility.
For minors 16 years of age or younger, the letters of authorization must be signed by both parents.
- If you are processing your new or first-time passport application by mail, fill out the form and send it with the other documents.
If you have changed your name due to a marriage or divorce, you’ll be required to bring a certified copy of your marriage certificate or divorce decree that shows the name change.
We’re Here for All Your Passport Needs
Chicago Passport & Visa Services is here to provide same-day passports, as well as passports in 3-5 days, 5-7 days, 7-10 days, 10-14 days, and 3-4 weeks.
Contact or visit our office today for more information.