We Offer Document Translation, Apostille & Legalization, Green Card, & Citizenship Services

Chicago Passport & Visa Services provides customers with assistance regarding translating passport and visa documents, apostille and legalization paperwork, and receiving their Green Card and citizenship status.

Document Translation | Apostille & Legalization | Green Card | Citizenship

Chicago Passport & Visa Services has a worldwide scope of translators, interpreters, and coordinators who specialize in specific fields and share our expectations of quality. As America’s population continues to grow with waves of new residents from all over the world, and as more businesses participate in the global marketplace, the need for unbiased, professional translators is always growing. Many agencies, private, public, or government, require our services more frequently as time goes on.

We have a team of highly qualified native speakers who can professionally translate a wide range of legal, medical, finance, insurance, and technical documents – including birth certificates, marriage and divorce certificates, and more – into over 50 different languages. Along with a wide selection of diverse linguists from all over the nation, Chicago Passport & Visa Services is part of a network of over 100 language firms with linguists all over the United States and Canada.

At Chicago Passport & Visa Services, we understand the time-sensitive deadlines of the modern world. Therefore, we offer expedited translation solutions that are sure to meet your rush requirements.

All our translators are certified and notarized, and are accepted by government agencies, immigration offices, and foreign embassies. Our combination of a large, professional staff of linguists and translators with helpful, personalized attention aids us in our ability to provide quality documents and respond to your translation needs.

A Few of the Current Industries We Serve
  • General Public
  • Law Firms
  • Insurance Companies
  • Social Services
  • Healthcare
  • Advertising Agencies
  • Manufacturing
  • Embassies & Consulates
  • Investment Banking
  • Transportation Services
  • Hospitality
  • Education
  • Finance
  • Retail & Wholesale
Some of the Languages We Offer Translation Services For
  • Arabic Translation Services
  • Armenian Translation Services
  • Bulgarian Translation Services
  • Chinese Translation Services (various dialects)
  • Croatian Translation Services
  • Czech Translation Services
  • Danish Translation Services
  • Dutch Translation Services
  • English Translation Services
  • Farsi Translation Services
  • Finnish Translation Services
  • French Translation Services
  • German Translation Services
  • Greek Translation Services
  • Hebrew Translation Services
  • Hindi Translation Services
  • Hungarian Translation Services
  • Italian Translation Services
  • Japanese Translation Services
  • Korean Translation Services
  • Lithuanian Translation Services
  • Norwegian Translation Services
  • Polish Translation Services
  • Portuguese Translation services
  • Punjabi Translation Services
  • Romanian Translation Services
  • Serbian Translation Services
  • Slovak Translation Services
  • Slovenian Translation Services
  • Spanish Translation Services
  • Swedish Translation Services
  • Thai Translation Services
  • Turkish Translation Services
  • Urdu Translation Services
  • Vietnamese Translation Services

Chicago Passport & Visa Services can assist with all of your authentication, apostille, certification, attestation, certification, and embassy legalization needs.

We Can Process Documents Issued from All 50 US States and the US Federal Government.
  • Apostille & Authentication Documents
  • Notarized Documents
  • Secretary of State Attestation (all 50 states)
  • US Department of State Attestation
  • Embassy Authentication
Common Documents We Can Apostille & Legalize
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificates
  • Car Titles
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Death Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • Divorce Decree Single Status Affidavit
  • Background Checks (Local, State, FBI)
  • Power of Attorney
  • Copy of US Passport
  • Copy of Driver’s License
  • Transcripts
  • Diplomas
  • Authorization Letter
  • Travel Consent Letter
  • Articles of Incorporation
  • Certificate of Good Standing
  • Certification of Free Sale
  • Certification of Origin
  • Corporate Power of Attorney
Additional Information About Legalizations & Authentications

There are two different types of authentications:

Apostille: All types of documents that you are planning to use in foreign countries will need to be apostilled. Going through the apostille process ensures your documents will be recognized as legitimate in all countries that are a part of the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents.

Legalization: A different way of legalizing and authenticating documents is required for countries that are not participating in the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents.

Participating Countries in Hague Convention

This list was last revised in August 2016.
Note: Guatemala will join The Hague Apostille convention on September 18, 2017.

  • Albania
  • Andorra
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Argentina
  • Armenia
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bahamas
  • Bahrain
  • Barbados
  • Belarus
  • Belgium
  • Belize
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Botswana
  • Brazil
  • Brunei
  • Bulgaria
  • Burundi
  • Cabo Verde
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Cook Islands
  • Costa Rica
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic
  • Ecuador
  • El Salvador
  • Estonia
  • Fiji
  • Finland
  • France
  • Georgia
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Grenada
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Israel
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Kazakhstan
  • Kosovo
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Latvia
  • Lesotho
  • Liberia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Macau
  • Macedonia
  • Malawi
  • Malta
  • Marshall Islands
  • Mauritius
  • Mexico
  • Moldova
  • Monaco
  • Mongolia
  • Montenegro
  • Morocco
  • Namibia
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Nicaragua
  • Niue
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Panama
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Russia
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Samoa
  • San Marino
  • São Tomé and Príncipe
  • Serbia
  • Seychelles
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Suriname
  • Swaziland
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Tajikistan
  • Tonga
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • Uruguay
  • Uzbekistan
  • Vanuatu
  • Venezuela

Chicago Passport & Visa Services offers a full slate of Green Card services. We’re available for full assistance with Green Card application renewal or conditional Green Card forms. Our team can provide everything you need to file the USCIS Form 1-90 correctly, take your Green Card photo, and complete all additional application documents and submissions in a timely manner.

Green Card Application

Understand the Process for Green Card Renewals or Replacement Applications
  • Individuals with an expired Green Card are required to submit the Green Card renewal application, Form I-90, as soon as possible. A Green Card is valid for 10 years.
  • It is important to remain aware of a Green Card’s expiration date. Without a valid Green Card, it can become difficult to work or travel.
  • It is generally recommended that the Green Card renewal application, Form I-90, be filed within six months of the expiration date. You can find the expiration date on the front of your Green Card. Filing your Green Card renewal application within 180 days of the expiration date will prevent a delay in receiving your renewed Green Card, so it’s essential you file for renewal in a timely manner.
  • If the front of your Green Card doesn’t show the date of expiration, it may be because you have an older version of a Green Card, which means it’s no longer valid. Renew your Green Card to receive a current one.
  • The Green Card replacement application should be used if your information needs to be changed or if your Green Card has been lost, stolen, destroyed, or damaged.
  • If you were issued a Green Card before you turned 14 years of age, you will be required to replace it upon turning 14.
  • If your Green Card expires while outside of the US and you did not file a renewal prior to your departure from US soil, it is recommended that you contact the nearest US consulate, USCIS office, or US port of entry before filing your Green Card renewal application.
  • The USCIS processing time for Green Card renewals or replacements is approximately five to six months. Our application package includes all the forms you need to send to the USCIS for processing. It also includes personalized filing instructions that tell you exactly how to properly file your application with the USCIS.

Application Package Fee: $145
USCIS Application Fee: $455
Biometrics Fee: $85

Note: All of the mentioned information does not apply to conditional residents whose status is expiring. If this is the case, you should file a Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence, to apply for the removal of condition on your permanent residence status.

Chicago Passport & Visa Services is happy to offer full assistance with your citizenship certificate. For Green Card holders to become permanent citizens of the United States, they must first complete Form N-400, application for naturalization. In addition to filling out the application, there are a number of other requirements that need to be met before you can apply for citizenship in the United States, however, the benefits of doing so are plentiful.

Some of the benefits of becoming a United States citizen include the ability to help your relatives immigrate easier, the right to vote, and the right to hold a US passport. Plus, once you become a citizen, you won’t have to apply for Green Card renewals anymore.

Download Application

Requirements for Citizenship
  • You must hold a Green Card for five years and continuously reside in the United States.
  • You must be physically present inside the United States for at least 30 months before applying.
  • You must have lived in the state where you submit the application for at least three months.
  • You must be reasonably proficient in the English language, and have familiarity with American history, government, and society.
  • You must be able to make an oath of allegiance. There are some exceptions for those whose religion doesn’t allow oaths.
How Long Does It Take to Become a United States Citizen?

After you file application Form N-400, the USCIS will try to get you through the process in six months. However, there are always the possibilities of a backlog of applications or other delays that may extend the process time.

How Do I File for Citizenship Using Form N-400?

Follow this process for filing the application:

  • You must complete Form N-400 and attach all required documents correctly. This also includes documents that will help the USCIS decide whether you have good moral character, such as a criminal record or tax record.
  • After you file your application, the USCIS will send you a letter letting you know when and where you will go to have your biometrics taken. You’ll be required to bring your notice letter, Green Card, and second form of identification during your biometrics process. You’ll also be notified of the time and place your interview will be.
  • It’s important to know that the interview is a test of your ability to read, write, and speak the English language. During the interview, you’ll be asked up to 10 questions about United States civics, government, history, and society. If you fail either part of the test, you’ll be retested on the part you failed 60 to 90 days later.
  • If you’re unable to take the English or civics test because of physical or mental disabilities, you can request an exemption by filing Form N-648, the medical certification for disability exceptions application. A doctor must complete and sign it for the form to be valid.
Are There Special Circumstances for Getting Citizenship?

Some circumstances may make you eligible for citizenship without the standard prerequisites, such as having held a Green Card, having less than five years of continuous presence in the US, or holding a Green Card for less than five years. Marriage to a US citizen or your active service in the US military may make you eligible for naturalization, but these exceptions are only valid less than 10% of the time. Anyone who has been removed from the US or is in the midst of a removal proceeding cannot apply to be a citizen unless they’re in the US military.

When Do I Actually Become a United States Citizen?

Once the USCIS approves your application, you’ll attend a ceremony to take the Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America. By taking the oath, you promise to be loyal to the United States and its laws, not be loyal to any other nation, and to serve our country when required. After you’ve completed the oath, you’ll change your Green Card for a Certificate of Naturalization, and you’ll then be a United States citizen.

How Much Does Applying for Citizenship Cost?

Here is a breakdown of the different fees associated with the Form N-400 with application assistance:

  • Application assistance fee: $145
  • Application free with biometrics: $725
  • Processing fee: $145
  • Photo services: $10

Get Assistance with Citizenship Certificates, Document Translations, Green Cards, & More

When it comes to citizenship, Green Cards, and translating important documents, Chicago Passport & Visa Services is the Chicago company to help you.

Contact our team today to request our services.